Show your support for a union by becoming a voluntary member of UPTE. Student Services Professional (SSP) employees are not required to pay dues, but our voluntary members help to support our organizing efforts. SSP employees were among UPTE’s founding members and continue to play leadership roles in the union today.
SSP UPTE members:
• Pay reduced dues (maximum of $22/month)
• Have access to trained UPTE stewards and other experts familiar with UC policies and our rights
• Can run for and vote in UPTE elections
• Have the right to attend UPTE’s annual convention and vote on the union’s priorities
• Have access to Union Plus – exclusive benefits and discounts for union families (movie tickets, AT&T plans, mortgages, and many more)
To become a voluntary member of UPTE:
• Download and fill out the membership application.
• Contact us to arrange for a convenient pickup OR
• Scan or photograph the application and email it to us